3.01.2012

Dover White Mirrors

Yesterday was a snow day at UMD. Snow days are the very reason I like working for the University. They don't happen often, but when they do, the joy of getting a free day off of work makes my socks go up and down! The snow day combined with Oscar's new habit of 2 hour naps had me jumping up and down and quietly clapping my hands together...all the while my socks were going up and down:)


My readers have spoken, all 5 of them:) and I like what I heard...

Tada!
Spray painting in the basement is not super family friendly, but sometimes a gal has to do what it takes. We got our taxes back today so, I say, "ventilation masks for everyone!"
 I love how it turned out almost as much as I love what's looking back at me;)

For real, I appreciate the feedback and supportive comments and P.S. We really did get our taxes back today and we paid off my student loan! Whoop whoop! 


Check out:
 Whipper Berry
 Tatertots and Jello
Tip Junkie
Home Stories A2Z

12 comments:

  1. YES! This looks LOVELY! The frames of the mirrors tie in with the mouldings and with the patterns on the entry way windows AND the reflection is beautiful. It really brings a whole new dimension to the space. A fantastic addition, Nikki. You're a gutsy and inspiring decorator!

    -Mary

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ahh shucks! Mary, thanks for the really nice comment.

      Delete
  2. Elegant & beautiful...fancy fancy!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the white mirrors. Where did you find the Dover white spray paint? I'm not a good decorator so I didn't way in, but I love the mirrors in white.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Ladybug, I found the dover white spray paint at Michael's. Do you have big spray painting plans?

      Delete
  4. Yep, they turned out great!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is beautiful! I really want a wall like this in my house but I never seem to find interesting mirrors like the ones you have...Anywho, looks great!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Stopping by from the Weekend Wrap UP Party!!! http://queenofsavings.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful. Pinning! Would love to have you link this up to my party going on over on my blog. Would LOVE to have you! :)

    Ginger @ gingersnapcrafts.com

    http://www.gingersnapcrafts.com/2012/03/wow-me-wednesday-41.html

    ReplyDelete
  8. OK...was well worth ventilation masks! Looks amzing!! What a fantastic idea! Would love for you to link up to our Uncommonly Yours link party! Bonnie ;)

    ps...congrats on paying off your loan!!!

    www.uncommondesignsonline.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. Good job. Now I found the Fleur De Sel afters. Whew. If you ever want a change ( love the white frames), you could paint the frames black. I think that would be interesting.

    ReplyDelete