4.12.2012

Gold Rush

There was certainly a turning point in the past couple of years that gold came rushing back in. Let's face it, woman wearing gold wedding bands probably got married before 1990. Come on! You know it's the truth. Well, good news, it's hip again. I am not claiming to be the expert on all trends, but I know what I see on the Real Housewives and I believe it all to be true. So if you see me in a metallic gold bikini this summer, you know who to blame...


I am totally sold on the golden infusion...

Then I went overboard, surprised? Look what happened this morning...
I KNOW! It looked way better in my head. I think the chain might have put the whole situation over my gold quota. I do like the concept and was looking for a cute vintage bird hook, when I remembered the the previous owners left this Fleur DE Li's hook behind and you know how I am a sucker for free. (Go Saints!)

Here was the little entry before...

Peace Out Bean Sprout!
and now...
Likes: The exposed brick floor. The kitschy chandelier from IKEA. Our family photo that has been collecting dust in the corner. 
Dislikes: The way our family photo display makes our visitors think that they have to dip their fingers in holy water and bow their heads. In short, I think it looks churchy.

Suggestions?? Paint the chain and hook? Ditch the embellishments? Different frame? Come on, I can take it- just be gentle.

No comments:

Post a Comment